Our trip to Michigan was fast and fun. The girls wanted to go back the next day after arriving home. Our trip home was full of adventure and surprises! To start, our plane was delayed. This ended up being quite fortuitous as Evelyn had a screaming headache (she was literally screaming for about 10 minutes) followed by an emptying of her stomach. She soaked herself and my lap with puke...poor girl. Had our plane been on time, we would have been on the plane with no options...vienna sausages and all. As it was, we purchased a shirt for Evelyn that went past her knees and I rinsed and bagged her clothes. I found a family bathroom where I could lock the door to strip down and rinse of my clothes (the airport doesn't sell pants). For some reason the door didn't lock, which I did not know until an airport worker guy openned it up while I was satnding there without pants on. He kindly shut the door and let me finish rinsing my pants. I really didn't do a great job rinsing, worried that some other person might walk in on me any second. I smelled of puke the rest of the trip home, which did not help my nausea in the least bit. All in all, we were very blessed to be at the airport when this happened. Evelyn threw up one more time, but we were prepared with a bag. She slept the rest of the way home, waking only to switch planes and get to our car.
Because our plane was delayed they told us we might miss our connecting flight, which was the last one into SLC that night. We were very blessed when they decided to hold the plane for us. We were running through the airport...it felt like what you would see in the movies. Brian was holding Ewan and had Karyn's backpack on. I was holding Evelyn and Karyn was running along with us. She was a very good sport! We made it on the plane and ended up having to wait for our luggage. Everything went well. The kids were great all the way home. We got home at about midnight. The kids went right to bed. After cleaning the puke off, Brian and I slept like logs.
I love being with my family. I love being home.
Yikes! Poor Evelyn! Lucas had told me the way to Michigan was rough, I didn't know the way back was just as hard! I'm happy to read more details in your family stories. Hearing it from Brian to Lucas to me inevitably loses many of the good details :)
ReplyDeleteWow! Gunilla, I love your attitude through the whole story... ha ha! You are a wonderful example of letting it roll off, what else could you do?? ha ha!!
ReplyDelete